Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussions and any insights gained from them.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Answer these essay questions:
- When workers do identical jobs on an assembly line, measuring and assessing worker performance is rather straightforward. How might job appraisals be performed to ensure fairness when a firm employs high-performance work teams, where employees work individually or in pairs on different aspects of a project and then support the integration of the parts into a fully functional whole?
- Select a major employer featured in the news during the 12 months for exceptional growth, and that you believe must have experienced human resource issues as a result of such growth. Explain how you would have addressed these issues and why.
- An executive at a major firm asserts to you that the growth of global competition and the global marketplace demands diversity in all aspects of the workforce if companies are to remain competitive and profitable. Provide a well-reasoned explanation for this executive’s position.
- If a firm has a truly diverse workforce with respect to all of the standard measures of diversity, what barriers might still remain with respect to global marketplace success? What actions can be taken to overcome these barriers?