· Develop a personal philosophy and framework acknowledging professional and accrediting agency competencies relating to the role and scope of practice of the family nurse practitioner. Identify a nurse theorist that you align your current/ planned practice and how they provide the foundation for this philosophy development.
· Describe the type of educational courses and professional requirements required for APRN professional certification and licensing within the state that you will practice.
· Identify the precise application process for your certification exam, your state regulations for application for prescriptive authority/practice, and issues related to APRN practice within your state.
· Evaluate and discuss APRN roles and prescriptive privileges and impact on client safety and care
· Compare the differences between prescriptive authority, credentialing, and clinical privileges and how each of these impact client safety and care
· Evaluate the development of the advanced practice nurse role from a global perspective.
· 1200 – 1500 word paper (not including the cover page and references)
· Required APA 7th edition for references and citations
· Include a minimum of 6 scholarly references (does not include text or websites) and the majority of references must not be older than 5 years
· Demonstrate analysis, evaluation and synthesis of information (see the rubric for specifics)
· Analyze the APRN role as an advocate, clinician, educator, and researcher (Course object 2, 3)
· Analyze the roles, empowerment of patients, and values needed to be an effective nurse advocate and policy player.(Course objective 2, 3)
· Discuss the APRN role as a change agent. (Course objective 2,3)
· Compare and contrast ways that an APRN can engage in research and the link between evidence-based practice and research. (Course objective 2, 3)
· Explain how evidence based ppractice research influences patient care outcomes (Course objective 2,3)
· Describe and summarize the role of the APRN in case management and the clinical expertise skills required as a foundation for case management (Course objective 2,3)
Estimated time to complete: 6 hours
NU 626 Unit 2 APNs and State Regulations Rubric
NU 626 Unit 2 APNs and State Regulations RubricCriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent45 pts5Demonstrates a thorough understanding of context, audience, and purpose that is responsive to the assigned task(s) and focuses all elements of the work.41 pts4Demonstrates adequate consideration of context, audience, and purpose and a clear focus on the assigned task(s) (e.g., the task aligns with audience, purpose, and context).36 pts3Demonstrates awareness of context, audience, purpose, and to the assigned tasks(s) (e.g., begins to show awareness of audience’s perceptions and assumptions).31 pts2Demonstrates minimal attention to context, audience, purpose, and to the assigned tasks(s) (e.g., expectation of instructor or self as audience).27 pts1Little to no description of purpose and contents of paper.0 pts0Not attempted45 ptsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent Development45 pts5Uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to illustrate mastery of the subject, conveying the writer’s understanding, and shaping the whole work.41 pts4Uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to explore ideas within the context of the discipline and shape the whole work.36 pts3Uses appropriate and relevant content to develop and explore ideas through most of the work.31 pts2Uses appropriate and relevant content to develop simple ideas in some parts of the work.27 pts1Little to no description of purpose and contents of paper.0 pts0Not attempted45 ptsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting25 pts5Demonstrates detailed attention to and successful execution of a wide range of conventions particular to a specific discipline and/or writing task (s) including organization, content, presentation, formatting, and stylistic choices.23 pts4Demonstrates consistent use of important conventions particular to a specific discipline and/or writing task(s), including organization, content, presentation, and stylistic choices.20 pts3Follows expectations appropriate to a specific discipline and/or writing task(s) for basic organization, content, and presentation.18 pts2Attempts to use a consistent system for basic organization and presentation.15 pts1Lacks evidence of clear, organized, comprehensive writing.0 pts0Not attempted.25 ptsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPA10 pts5Demonstrates skillful use of high-quality, credible, relevant sources to develop ideas that are appropriate for the discipline and genre of the writing.9 pts4Demonstrates consistent use of credible, relevant sources to support ideas that are situated within the discipline and genre of the writing.8 pts3Demonstrates an attempt to use credible and/or relevant sources to support ideas that are appropriate for the discipline and genre of the writing.7 pts2Demonstrates an attempt to use sources to support ideas in the writing.6 pts1Does not include both APA and In- Text Citations or In-text citations and references are not in APA format.0 pts0Not attempted.10 pts