Operations are composed of many different processes to fulfill customer needs and requirements. The value chain is a higher-level view of those processes from a customer view. In order to meet customer requirements like quality and cycle time, organizations need to identify the value chain, subprocesses and measures needed to meet the customer needs.
Consider a process from an organization you are familiar with. In 500-750 words, complete the following:
- Identify the steps in the high-level value chain required to fulfill the customer requirements from beginning to end.
- From the high-level value chain steps, identify the operational subprocesses.
- Identify those metrics that the organization should monitor at both the value chain level and subprocess level.
- Based upon the process you described above, if an organization needs to improve a process within the value chain, how would you analyze the process and metrics to know that the process is not working
- Explain what steps the organization could take based upon your analysis for value chain improvement.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MBA/MSL; MBA, Accounting; MBA, Cybersecurity; MBA, Finance; MBA, Project Management; MBA, Sports Business; MBA, Strategic Human Resource Management; MBA/MSN, Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
2.1 Evaluate metrics useful for analyzing and improving business operations.
3.2 Evaluate an organization’s operations in order to improve the value chain.