Option #2: Eco-Leadership in an NGO
Discourse as a method to study leadership has proven to be a viable tool. In the required reading and videos, it is suggested that eco-leadership is a discourse of “new leadership for a new time.”
Imagine that you are an organization development and leadership consultant who has been hired to work with the Executive Director (ED) of a global non-governmental organization (NGO), the work of which primarily occurs throughout Africa and Central and South America. English is the most common language used in the NGO.
The NGO is part of a larger grouping of corporations, non-profits, and NGOs working in the area of children’s health. The NGO has long held the belief that distributed leadership is the only way for its programs to reach intended clients and to survive over time.
You and the ED agree to explore the eco-leadership concepts within the context of the NGO’s history, current status, and vision, before opening up discussions with other NGO and partner leaders. You and the CEO agree to the four qualities listed below.
The four qualities include:
· Connectivity and interdependence
· Systemic ethics
· Leadership spirit
· Organizational belonging
You and the ED agree that an explanation of the four qualities and then associating each quality with either an organizational theory or a leadership theory would be a great place to begin the dialogue.
You will prepare a consulting report and executive summary and discuss it with the ED in 10 days.
· A consulting report consisting of 4 pages including a one-page executive summary. Title and references pages are required and are not included in the page count. Cite two real-world examples of NGOs and networksthat might exemplify one or more components of eco-leadership.
· One organization or leadership theory applied to each of the four qualities (for a total of four theories).
· Include at least 2-5 scholarly references in addition to the course textbook. The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these references.
· Format your entire presentation according to APA guidelines in the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.) .
· Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed from the Module 4 folder, to understand how you will be graded on this assignment. Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.